Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How Not to Strike a Penalty

Bradford's Gareth Evans strikes a fan on Saturday, not the backwards of the netI'm ever amazed at the sort of penalisation misses we wager on the professed level, hebdomad in and hebdomad out. Last period for example, US grapheme Landon Donovan skied his PK over the forbid in the MLS Cup Final.I understand the emotive difficulty, the tension and stress, and that the crowd sometimes plays a big part - but I simply see that a success evaluate of 71% (World Cup penalisation squawk success rate) is too low. Of the 78 penalisation kicks condemned during the Premier League 2005-2006 season, exclusive 57 resulted in a goal, message nearly 30% of the penalties were unsucessful.I am by no effectuation a professed player - far from it - but I have played the game for 20 + eld and feature in a competitive amateur Sunday association rank with a content and relegation system. For the time digit years, I have been my team's designated penalisation taker. I rarely (if ever) score from the run of play, but my noetic toughness is decorous sufficiency that when we get a spot kick, I verify the ball. And I haven't uncomprehensible erst in digit years. It's really not that difficult. Just training a bit every some weeks, verify a unfathomable breath, have a routine / run-up and finish.71%? For professed footballers? I'm sure we crapper do better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment